Super Bowl Tips for Mindful Eating:
- Bake your usually fried foods
- Substitute Greek Yogurt for Sour Cream
- Flavor with herbs not salt
- More color means better nutrition
- Replace the processed dips with homemade nut or Greek yogurt dips
- Replace the chips with seed crackers (flax or chia) or even kale chips
- Eat at halftime. The problem is that people can munch their way through the entire, long game. Specify your eating time and focus on the game. Or small portions and watch how many times you return to the table for more
- Drink responsibly and not just when it comes to driving. Have a budget and stick to it.
- Condiments can kill. Watch creamy dips and cheese.
Below is a collection of healthy recipes from some of my favorite blog’s…..
Healthy Super Bowl Eats, if you’re hosting:
Veggies with Hummus or white bean dip